As you know I love two things in life – IDEAS and PEOPLE. When I get to work on both these things at the same time, I am in divine happiness, giddy like a child, happy as a bee in honey. I really feel like I’m living life on purpose.
Are you hungry for more?
I’m currently working with over a dozen highly ambitious hungry for life individuals on a monthly basis to help them be better in their professional lives through 121 professional coaching. In just three sessions, the results have been phenomenal. Seeing how the benefits are seeping into their personal lives as well as their professional lives is hugely rewarding to observe.
Could you get more by working with a professional coach?
It’s well known that most sports injuries are caused by the “stuff” going on in athletes’ heads and not due to their physical abilities, which makes total sense to me. A crash of confidence, a waver of self-belief, a doubting comment, the hangover from yesterdays confrontation, the giddy distraction of good news even. Once you know where you want to be, both head and heart need to be aligned. The sporting world knows this and that’s why pyschological coaches have been employed for many years to work alongside the physical coaches. Ultimately it’s about understanding ourselves better so that we can train our minds and bodies to perform in the most helpful way for us.
Many people are yet to appreciate and experience the benefits of having a personal or professional coach (and are quite frankly missing out!). I have several coaches that I use for different areas of my life. My coaches help me to stay on course with my dreams and ambitions, challenge me to stretch beyond what I thought I was capable of and give me the opportunity to reflect, develop my self awareness and move forward in what ever way I need in order to stay happy and on track (or off track if that’s needed more)!
Take one step and get at least 10% more
Are you hungry for life and want to see what more you could achieve with both head and heart aligned? Then why not try coaching for yourself. Just three sessions can make all the difference. Call 07786 250175 to get 10% more from you now!
What if I don’t know where to start?
One of the challenges I see time and time again with coaching clients is a feeling that they don’t know what they want or where to start. The wheel of life is a great tool for starting that thinking (it’s an oldy but a goody) and can take from only ten minutes to complete.
Wheel of life
The great thing about this exercise is that it allows you to take a helicopter view of the key elements in your life and observe how you feel about each of them and which areas may need some more attention from you.
1. Take some time to reflect on the areas of your life, which are most important to you for example, work, your relationship, family, fun time, adventures, money, security…. Put each of these on the outside of the circle next to one of the lines coming out from the centre.
2. Rate your current satisfaction on a scale of 1-10 for each of those elements you just identified.
3. Join the dots up to make a (kind of) wheel and notice what you notice. Which areas are performing well and which could do with some extra focus? Which areas surprise you?
4. You may also want to think about what score you would like it to be. On some elements, maybe an 8/10 would be spot on for right now but you’re currently at a 4/10.
5. Choose one or two areas you’d like to rate better and brainstorm what you think could be done to help you get there. What can you START doing and what can you STOP doing?
And now you have something to work on with your professional coach.
What I love about the Wheel exercise, it that you can tailor it to any area of your life, for example your professional life. Simply note all the elements which are important to you about your working life for example, progression, achievement, varieties, wellbeing, work-life balance. And repeat the exercise.
I hope you find this helpful, I’d love to know how it helps you move forward.